During the first three months of the year, at Vegenat S.A. we focus all our efforts on the citrus fruit campaign. Since last week we have started to manufacture dehydrated lemon and orange in their different sizes that we offer to our clients.
Vegenat’s citrus fruit production starts from a totally natural raw material, freshly picked from the tree. We do not use waste or by-products in our process. We start from a fresh fruit that contains all its juice, peel and essential oils. Hence, the result is a product with a much more intense flavor, aroma, smell and color. In addition, they are minimally processed, which allows the fruit to retain more nutrients than other products.
Since last year and with the intention of making the most of our raw material, we have launched a new line of orange and lemon juices.
These citrus fruits have innumerable applications, being ideal for dressings, marinades, ice creams, chocolates, pastry, sauces, teas, etc. We leave you here some ideas where you can make use of our dehydrated citrus fruit.
ORANGE AND NUTS CAKE
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the orange powder, baking yeast, nutmeg and salt and stir with a spatula
- In another bowl, beat at the same time the eggs, panela, oil and yogurt untik obtain a uniform mixture.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl and mix carefully with a kitchen rods until you get a smooth creamy and lump free dough.
- Add half of the chopped nuts to the mixture and mix with soft movements. Reserve the rest of walnuts to the end.
- Preheat the oven to 180º on up/down function.
- Grease a mold and dump the dought. Finally add the rest of walnuts on the surface.
- Bake for 35-40 min. Let it cool before unmold.
200g Whole wheat flour
125ml Greek yogurt
100ml Mild olive oil
10g Orange powder VEGENAT
5g Baking yeast
LEMON AND GINGER MUFFINS
- Put the ghee in a glass bowl and melt it in a water bath.
- In the container of food processor with the rod function mix the melted ghee and sugar until obtained a soft mixture.
- Then add the egg milk lemon powder, ginger and mix again until everything is mixed very well.
- Incorporate the flour baking yeast sodium bicarbonate and pinch of salt, beat well until obtain a creamy mixture.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Grease some baking pappers and put them in a muffin plate pouring a little mixture inside leaving enough space for grow.
- Bake for 25 min approx. until muffins take soft golden color.
300g Pastry flour
100g Ghee clarified butter
10g Lemon powder VEGENAT
5g Dry ground ginger
5g Baking yeast
3g Sodium bicarbonate